So, I haven't posted in about 2 months and I realized I needed to change a few things to make this more do-able for me. Here's what I did...I created a new blog that will include more than just recipes, but less words :) Please check it out!
Saturday, 3 December 2011
Here's where I went wrong...I didn't put enough food colouring in or I should have used neon food colouring. And, more importantly, I overdid the cakes and they ended up just looking brown, instead of all colourful.
Maybe somebody else can give these a try and be successful!
Posted by Tara at 12:59
Wednesday, 30 November 2011
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- 2 c. kale, chopped
- 1-2 onions, carmelized (a recipe on how to do that here)
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jar tomato sauce, or 2 c. homemade tomato sauce
- 4 pitas
- Spread tomato sauce evenly on each pita.
- Add onions, sweet potatoes, and kale.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 5 min. or until slightly browned.
Posted by Tara at 05:35
Saturday, 19 November 2011
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t seasoning salt
- 1 T oil
- Drain chickpeas well and toss in oil.
- Mix in seasoning and spread them out on a large pan.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes at 450 degrees. Check on the chickpeas every 10 minutes and stir them.
Posted by Tara at 10:23
Wednesday, 9 November 2011
- Fried tortillas, (directions on how to do that here)
- 1 onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 T taco seasoning
- 2 c lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Optional toppings: cheese, guacamole, sour cream
- Heat oil. Add onion and garlic and fry for several minutes.
- Add black beans and taco seasoning, and continue frying for about 5-10 minutes.
- To assemble your tostada, ladle on black beans. Top with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Add desired toppings.
Posted by Tara at 13:04
Friday, 4 November 2011
- 2 c quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 of a cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 c green onions, sliced
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 T lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa and put it aside to cool.
- Add the vegetables to the quinoa and stir.
- Toss is oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Monday, 31 October 2011
We had a special little boy turn 2, and he loves playing in the dirt, so it was very fitting to have dirt cake and worms for his birthday :)
- 1 box of Oreos
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Gummy worms
- Put all of the Oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Prepare the pudding according to instructions on the box.
- In a separate bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding and mix until smooth.
- Layer the Oreos and the pudding mixture, starting and ending with the Oreos.
- Top with gummy worms.
Posted by Tara at 10:44