I just harvested some strawberries from my garden and was trying to think of a meal/dessert I could use them in and remembered how tasty blintzes were. Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Blintzes consist of 3 parts...the crepe, the cheese filling, and the strawberry sauce.
- 1 c flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 2 T butter (melted)
- Whisk all of the ingredients together, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour 1/4 c of the mixture into a lightly buttered frying pan on medium heat.
- Flip after approx. 30 seconds.
- 1 1/2 c cottage cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t lemon juice
- 2 c strawberries
- 2 T sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 T water
- 1/2 t cornstarch
Assembling the Blintzes:
- Pour 1/4 c of the cheese mixture in the middle of the crepe.
- Wrap it as you would a burrito and place it in a lightly buttered frying pan with the seam side down.
- Cook for a couple minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Pour strawberry sauce on top and enjoy.