Monday 3 October 2011

Pumpkin Gnocchi

I love gnocchi, but the problem is, I really only like homemade gnocchi.  I have had amazing homemade gnocchi at a couple of restaurants and I always want to try and recreate the experience.  

I tried making it once a couple of years ago. It didn't turn out very well because I had to use too much flour.  I had very low expectations this time and maybe that's why I was so pleasantly surprised when it turned out great!  
My four year old even made some!  She did just as good a job as me :)
Here is the final product.  I used the Canadian Living Pumpkin Gnocchi recipe.  I found that it worked really well to reserve about a half cup of the flour to use for rolling it out with your hands.  I ended up roasting red peppers, leeks, and tomatoes in a cream sauce to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment