- 6 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T maple syrup
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 c purple onion, finely diced
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- ricotta cheese
- artisan bread
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread tomatoes evenly on a pan.
- Cut top of garlic bulb off and put it in the pan with the tomatoes.
- Mix the vinegar, syrup, and oil together and pour over the tomatoes and garlic.
- Roast for 1-1 1/2 hours and let cool. Add onions and basil.
- Toast the bread in the oven by putting it on broil for several minutes on each side.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread ricotta cheese on it and a spoonful of the tomato mixture.